Terms and Conditions
- STUDENT SHOULD BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWINGS:
- Student should attend every class session. In the event when a student is unable to attend class, an explanatory note, signed by a parent, must be submitted to the office. Student should then obtain course materials and review the necessary work as needed. Neither refund nor extension will be given to any absence.
- Student should submit all assignments on time. Late assignments will only be accepted with a legitimate excuse. Late assignments not submitted during the following class session will not be accepted.
- REGISTRATION AND REFUNDS:
- Each student must fill out an application form. Tuition must be paid in full prior to the start of class. A late fee (10% tuition) will apply to tuition that has not been paid.
- Thirty percent (30%) of the tuition is non-refundable upon registration. Withdrawal prior to and within 2 weeks of the first meeting of class—refund is 50% of tuition. Thereafter, no refund will be granted for any reasons. Tuition is non-transferable and can not be used as credit for upcoming terms. Non-attendance of class(es) does not exclude the student from the rules of the policy.
- Registration and material fee (if any) are non-refundable.
- GUARANTEE OF SESSION:
- We guarantee that the number of sessions specified will be given. A “make-up” session will be arranged if a session was to be cancelled. A pro-rated refund will be given if a “make-up” session was not given.
- Any war, storm, act of God, or unforeseen circumstances that may cause the cancellation of class sessions; no “make-up” nor refund will be granted.
- CHANGE OF PROGRAM:
Mega Academy reserves the right to cancel courses, make substitutions of faculty, and change time/day/location of classes whenever necessary.
- VIDEO ONLINE LESSONS
- By enrolling the student in the course(s), parents and guardians are providing consent for the student to participate in video conferencing.
- Video Online Lessons may not be recorded, copied, disseminated or distributed to any person and/or entity. Lessons may not be lawfully recorded without the consent of all participants. By allowing the student to participate in the course, parents and guardians are acknowledging the privacy limitations.
Parents and guardians are liable for any damages and/or injuries caused by their child.
Mega Academy reserves the right to use the student’s name for any promotional purposes.
By enrolling your child to our course(s), you indicate your full understanding and agreement to the above terms and conditions.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY RELATING TO COVID-19
NOTICE TO PARENTS
In order for students to have a good learning environment, we advise parents to cooperate with the following regulations.
- Each registered student will be enrolled in a class on Google Classroom. The purpose of the Google Classroom is to provide materials for the student to use during class sessions and for homework. All grades will be recorded on Google Classroom and will serve as a way for parents to know how the student is doing in class. In order to monitor the student’s achievement, parents are responsible for checking the Google Classroom regularly.
- Homework is assigned during each class session and due the following class session. Late homework will not be accepted without an explanatory note from the parents.
- Please notify the office of any special conditions (including medical conditions) that the student might have. Parents should leave emergency contact phone numbers (ex. Doctor’s name and phone number) with the office if such conditions do exist.
- Video Class Session Tips for Both Students:
- Students are not required to video conference with their teachers.
- Be respectful of others’ time by attending the class on time.
- Be very mindful of what the camera is showing in the background. Choose a safe and appropriate place and appropriate attire for class sessions.
- Students should use their first name and last initial as a screen name.
- Do not share the video session link with anyone outside the participants that were invited.
- Please be advised that tuition for our course(s) DOES NOT qualify under the Form 1040 Line 41 / Form 2441: Credit for child and Dependent Care Expenses. Therefore, Tax ID of the academy will not be given unless for other specified reason.